Saturday, July 7, 2012

Made it to San Francisco!

I've been putting it off for a while because I couldn't come up with a clever title, but I've finally made myself set up a blog (with an incredibly corny title... with thanks to Ricky)!
My adventure began yesterday morning when I had to tearfully say my "see you soon"s to my loving, supportive family and boyfriend at the State College airport.  Good thing it was close because I ended up sending Dad back to the house for all of my crucial Staging paperwork (thanks, Dad!!).  


I've never flown out of State College before and I'm glad I got to see Happy Valley from the sky!

So after a 35 minute plane ride to Dulles, followed by a 5 hour plane ride across the U.S. to San Francisco (where the lady next to me clipped her nails during the flight... for those of you who know me, you know how grossed out I was), I made it to Staging!

Last night, before my roommate got here, I walked around a little bit and realized just how hilly San Fran is.  It was a work out.  But, I did get to see some amazing vistas and Lombard Street...it was worth it! 

Usually I'm not a fan of the MySpace style self portrait, but I always find other people's traveling pictures more interesting when they're actually in them.  So I'll just have to suck it up while I'm flying solo.

I'm currently sitting in the lobby of the hotel with my roommate, trying to spot other Volunteers walking through.  Orientation starts at 12!

2 comments: