Mom, no I don't need another go-round of Proactive... I sweat 24/7 so my pores are constantly clearing.
Joyce, no I don't have my own tabo and bucket but I should probably ask about that... I didn't really think about it until you said something. Now I'm pretty grossed out. (The tabo shouldn't really touch skin, though, you just use to to pour water...)
Lisa & Roger, I've had little red hot dogs for almost every breakfast so far in some form or another! Today it was very similar to Nana's macaroni soup: it had long elbow type noodles, hot dogs in a milky broth. It was pretty good.
Judy, I will find out more about the laundry situation soon because apparently my host mom is going to teach me tomorrow afternoon. They definitely do it by hand and hang it up in the porch rafters and out on wires to dry. The classes I'm in each have about 40 kids in them and both of my counterparts are young women. Not sure about their marital status or anything yet. Hopefully I'll be able to find out more this week because we'll have more time with them. So far, I've seen a couple of lessons: on synonyms, antonyms, and homophones. The teachers are not nearly as bad as I was expecting! Peace Corps kind of made them out to be really basic and uncreative but all of the lessons I've seen so far had some sort of interactive activity for the kids to get excited about.
Funny note: We're in an tiny internet cafe/shop near our houses and we were the only ones in here until a group of about 5 or 6 little boys came in. They pulled up chairs right behind us so they can watch what we're doing. It's pretty funny.
I want a blog post specifically about how much you miss me
ReplyDeleteThat's such a Steve comment
DeleteFor folks who don't know our family, they're going to think we're total nutters asking about laundry, face wash and little red hot dogs. I love how it's so perfectly us :)
ReplyDeleteKeep posting Melissa. We're soakin' it up!