Saturday, July 7, 2012

Leavin' on a (Boeing)!

Enjoyed our last day in San Francisco (and the States) by walking down to Fisherman's Wharf for a bread bowl of some bangin' clam chowder!



We walked out on one of the docks to get a better look at Alcatraz.  Unfortunately, all the tours were booked (we probably wouldn't have had enough time anyway).


We started Staging/Orientation with a 2 hour ice breaker; usually I'm not a fan of ice breakers but I have to admit it was a good way for us to get to know each other in the beginning.  We talked about some of Peace Corps' basic facts, Peace Corps' expectations of us, our expectations of our Peace Corps service, our aspirations and anxieties and went over some logistical things.  It was pretty helpful overall but I'm excited to get to the Philippines and get into the meat of it.  When Orientation was over around 8, we walked to Little Italy to have our last "American" meal (which was actually Italian).


My last "American" meal!

We check out of the hotel tomorrow at 7:30am and our flight leaves for Tokyo at 1:15!

P.S.  I'm mailing my American cell phone back home tomorrow before I leave so I'll update my new contact information when I get it! 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment