I visited the babes at Gift of Love last week before I left for the weekend and there were a couple new kids there. Some of the kids I've come to know had been released back to their homes now that they're healthy again...bittersweet!
This is the babe (I think) I mentioned before. When I first saw him he was the most malnourished kid I've ever seen in my life. Even worse than the UNICEF commercials you see on TV. He was propped up in bed last time and barely moved at all. This time, he was in a bouncer and had plumped up a little bit... enough to hold his arms out to me when I was playing with him.
He's moving more now but he still has a long way to go. Luckily, Gift of Love is an amazing place where he'll get the nourishment and care he so desperately needs.
Arnella is a pro with my camera now and loves the selfies!
Me & Rosalinda
Mark
This is Ate She, she's one of the yayas, or caregivers, at GoL and she's awesome.
She loves her girls!
When I arrived at GoL, I went over to Arnella in her wheelchair and she handed me all of these notes. They were all addressed to "Ate Melissa" or "Ate MeliClo" from Arnella and Rosalinda. They must have been waiting next to Arnella for days for the next time I showed up. So cute!
Those kids are sooooo sweet! (and you too!)
ReplyDelete