Saturday, January 11, 2014

Christmas #3, Continued

To kick off Christmas #3 with the Dela Cruz boys, I gave them my pasalubong from America: Twizzlers!


Then we Skyped mom, dad, & Kt while I gave Marlon and Mak Mak the presents Ate Kt sent for them!  Kt sent them each some sour gummy worms, a Slim Jim, a cute plaid shirt, and a remote controlled car.  The car was obviously the first thing they both noticed.  It took them a while to actually look through the rest of their bags since they were so excited about the cars!

Mak Mak loved his new shirt and matching car!
Marlon looking so gwapo in his new shirt!


At this point, I (maybe stupidly) let one of the kids borrow my camera, so these were taken by Albert, I think. 
Me & Bern

Kt, Mom & Dad being Skyped in for Christmas #3!

Later, the neighbor kids opened the gifts George & Laura sent for them.  Even though we couldn't find a 'C' battery for the fishing game (yet!  I'll look in Naga), the kids still played by having one kid manually spin the lake while the other kids fished!  Whatever works.

Lovely & Apreal checking out the memory game & the friendship bracelet making kit! 

Today was definitely the coldest day I've experienced in the year that I've lived in my house.  Those of you who experienced the polar vortex are probably scoffing up a storm right now, but seriously, I bet it got down to like...  75 degrees today!
I was sitting on my porch at one point this afternoon and I had to come inside for my sweatshirt!  There's a first time for everything!  This is a strange kind of cool, though, mostly brought on my the incessant wind.  It's also a cool that allows for a variety of dress options.  Some people are still in their normal tank tops and shorts, some in a long sleeve shirt or sweatshirt, some in winter coats!  As I said, I opted for the sweatshirt since it's comfort item I don't often get to wear.

Unfortunately for Bern, he had to take a cold bath on this cold day and was shivering afterwards.  He managed to find a nice, warm spot, though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment