Saturday, July 5, 2014

These Are The Times I'll Miss The Most...

MakMak & Marlon stopped by the library on their lunch break yesterday!  They've both been on the KidSmart computer a lot the past few days practicing their letters and letter sounds, etc.  It's fun to see how fast they pick up computer skills, like using the mouse!

There was a big PCV 4th of July party happening in Albay last night, and I wouldn't be surprised if I was one of the only Bicol PCVs not in attendance.  But I have my reasons!  For instance, I had to be at the school Friday afternoon and early Saturday morning because the staff from Ateneo was coming to work on encoding my library books.  Also, I was just in Albay last weekend for the training and I'll be there again on the 14th & 15th for Special Olympics Bicol... and the 2-3 hour van ride is not enjoyable!  PLUS--and this is my main reason-- I have a very limited amount of time remaining here and I really want to just be around for whatever might happen.  Last night was a perfect example of that!

It all started when I was reading on my porch and Apreal came up next to me with a book of her own.  She's in 4th grade, English is her 2nd/3rd language, and she's reading the first volume of the Chronicle of Narnia... smart kid!  So we just sat together on my step reading for a while.  It was awesome! :)  When we put our books down she asked if she could borrow my camera and since it had been a while since I let her, I agreed.  She started by taking shots of kids and flowers...

Marjorie Anne is my newest little neighbor girl!

Marjorie Anne & Angelito

Marjorie Anne & Angelito's mama



 

Then the portraits turned into jump shots...


 

And when it got dark enough I revealed a toy I had purchased on the beach in Boracay: lights on strings!  They actually look like ping pong balls with a light inside on a long shoe lace... so simple and so fun!  I showed them how to turn the flash off on the camera and their reaction to the first picture with a light trail was so wild!  They were so impressed!

 

Everyone took turns taking the pictures and modeling for the pictures, and all in all we took about 200 photos like these!  They loved it and I wouldn't be surprised if we have a repeat session tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment