Arthur walking on the back streets by my house
The road that runs between the two sides of my school
Piles of branches and leaves along the road between the church and the plaza
Downed basketball hoop at the plaza
The Dela Cruz nipa hut, collapsed
Inside the Dela Cruz's collapsed nipa hut
Joseph
Marlon
Muddied clothes and school supplies
Marlon with Bernardino in front of a huge downed tree that fell on the path leading to their home
The street between the back of the school and Lola's house
Since the Dela Cruz nipa hut collapsed in the storm, the three boys have been staying at my house while their new hut is being constructed (thanks to donations from friends and family in the States!). Currently, I'm in Manila for some routine medical appointments required as part of our COS (Close of Service) process, but I'll be flying back to Naga tomorrow morning. As far as I know, Naga (and Magarao) are still without power and will be for a while. I'm not sure when I'll be able to post next as WiFi is also hard to come by since the internet towers were also effected by the storm. Hopefully the next post will include pictures of the new--and improved!-- Dela Cruz house!
So I was having what I thought was a not so good day at work and then read this and your other blog and realized how trivial and stupid my problems are. Thank you once again Melissa for the reality check that you have provided over the past 2+ years of your service. That is all.
ReplyDelete