It's so rewarding to see the original sketches next to what has become a reality in the library! There's still lots to be done before I can call this project 'complete', but I love what has happened so far!
Today, I'm meeting with the University Librarian from Ateneo de Naga University to discuss a possible partnership with the University's 'outreach program'. Hopefully we can work it out so that they will send their students to help label the books, organize the shelves, implement the Dewey Decimal System, and input all the library stock into our librarian's computer (which I will hopefully be purchasing sometime this week or next, thanks to donations from Ileene, Jane & Don, and Dick & Grace! THANK YOU!)
These are great pictures! Since I have no talent for anything like this it's amazing to me that you can come up with a plan in your mind, draw sketches, and have it come to life!!! So beautiful. I just love seeing the young girl peering through the window in the 4th picture. Again, those students are so lucky to have you...such good work...and you're not finished yet!!! Ciao for now bella!!
ReplyDelete