Monday, March 17, 2014

JCFI Ceramics Center

 

Finally after about a year of knowing about this little gem, I was able to visit JCFI's ceramics center!  I was impressed by the heavy duty equipment they have!

 
 Not sure of the name of these, but they help in the manufacturing of ceramic bricks, which is one of the main products of the ladies who work here.


 

They've got a great work space, a seemingly endless supply of red clay that is harvested from pits right in the barangay, and great equipment... they just lack workers.

 

The tall structure is the kiln.  It runs on fire wood right now, which has to be purchased, but they're hoping to convert it to run on rice husks, which can be acquired for free.  The cost of the alteration is what is keeping them from operating more economically.

 I made sure to mention multiple times how interested I am in helping out in the ceramics center this summer!  They even have a potter's wheel!  I'd love to get my hands on that!  Fingers crossed!

 And here's a glimpse at my padyak ride back to my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment