Saturday, July 27, 2013

Educators' Night

As part of the Magarao Fiesta celebration of the Feast of St. Anne, DepEd and the LGU sponsored an "Educators' Night" where all the schools in Magarao participated in a cultural folk dance competition.  My teachers spent hours and hours planning, practicing, and getting their costumes ready.  In the end, it was all worth it because MCS ended up getting first place and a cash prize of 5,000 pesos.  I asked one of the teachers what the prize money would be used for and her response was, "maybe we will party party!".
Me with some MCS teachers and Sir Alex (Public Schools District Supervisor)

Go MCS!

Our purple dance team!

Dinah (my co-teacher), Liwanag, and Ma'am Tina

More MCS teachers

Our yellow dance team

Ma'am Merc, our Principal

These dancers were from another school, can't remember which was which.



This school performed a typical wedding folk dance


This dance was apparently originally inspired by the mating rituals of doves.


And finally MCS got to perform! 
I've got a couple minutes of video of our performance so I'm planning to edit it together.  I'll post that later.
Our white team getting ready to take the floor...

Ma'am Sarah and Sir Rey





MCS' grand finale with Ma'am Merc in front!

All of our teachers on stage to accept first place!


No comments:

Post a Comment