Sometimes I don't go back to school after lunch. My reasons vary most days: having work I can do in the comfort of my home, it's too hot to wrestle my pants back on, I'm really into whatever TV show I've been watching, it's raining, etc. I've been working on entering reading assessment scores (for the entire school) in an Excel file for documentation and since I'm doing it on my own computer, I could easily do it at home. I was very tempted to stay home this afternoon but decided to brave the heat and uncomfortable chairs because I tend to be more productive at school.
It's a good thing I decided to go in this afternoon because the grade 5 English class I teach with Dinah had a birthday celebration ready for me! They had decorated the chalkboard and prepared a program full of singing and dancing (of course!). After the program, they brought out tons of pancit (served on birthdays for long life) and buko juice (because Dinah knows I don't care for "sopdrinks"--which are the usual birthday party drink). A couple of the kids give me handmade birthday cards and the other teachers were invited in to share in the merienda. What a sweet surprise! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment