Monday, December 3, 2012

Thanksgiving in Albay

A bunch of us met up in Albay (at Kathryn's host family's house) the Saturday after Thanksgiving for the best American-style feast we could muster.  I'd say we did pretty well!

Found this treasure in the grocery store.  I will try it before I leave in 2014.

 One of our friends literally had a puppy given to her the day before our Thanksgiving celebration so she brought the pup along!  After peeing on her a few times in the jeep, they made it and the pup was so sleepy!

Miss Hansen (aka Chelsea) provided lovely Indian feathers and Pilgrim hats to color before our meal.

The feast!

Me, Chels, & Hunter

My plate!  Complete with San Mig Apple and pumpkin soup!

Went for a walk and saw this cool vendor...everything is made of painted tires!

Mount Mayon! The most perfectly shaped volcano in the world!

Cool artisan shop

This is for Ricky... "Orchid's For Sale"!


Had to visit the Cagsawa Ruins.  
That is all that is left above ground of the church that was submerged in the volcano's eruption.

Curious kids

Kathryn's ridiculously nice host family home!

No comments:

Post a Comment