We started the festivities for our Mrs. PTA contest with a parade in the morning to show off our candidates.
This is Teacher Lanie and Teacher Olive riding in the parade!
Our marching band. The poor kids must have been soooo hot in those costumes!!
Each candidate had to decorate her own padyak to ride on during the parade.
Messing around after the parade. This is Ma'am Grace, me, Sir Rey, and Ma'am Tina... all grade 5 teachers.
And of course a "wacky" shot, Teacher Alma and Ma'am Sarah joined us.
That night we had the Coronation of Mrs. PTA. There was lots of dancing, many speeches, a casual wear contest, a formal wear contest, more dance numbers, etc.
I spotted this little cutie with a Penn State shirt on!
WE ARE!
This little girl was keeping me entertained as well. She loves fried chicken and was not at all concerned about getting it all over herself!
At first I was hesitant about the competition because I thought it was just a pageant, but actually the winner was the lady who raised the most money for the school (by selling raffle tickets), which I fully support! It was a (long) fun night!
No comments:
Post a Comment