I admit, I got this idea from Pinterest, but who cares! It's great! I'm using plastic sleeves with dry erase markers so each kid at school (or each group) has a "white board" to write their answers on! Great for games and comprehension checks. They're much more willing to write than to speak right now.
Marlon tested them out for me! ("Ate" means "older sister")
| Our audience |
| MakMak showing off his work on my new dry erase boards |
| I've been spending a lot of time with our SPED teacher lately. She's so great--as are her students--and I've been getting lots of ideas to help teach the boys, too! |
Some students were cutting the grass along the road when I got to school yesterday. I bet you've never seen this in the States!!
Full jeep! They pack 'em in (and on!)
This was the stage set up at the competition I went to yesterday in Bula.
This was our contestant in the crocheting competition--she got 3rd!
One of the saddest pups I've ever seen in my entire life. There were a bunch like this just wandering around the school grounds looking for food. Everyone just ignores them and they really don't bother anyone.
Here are the embroidery contestants during the competition. The hanging stars are very common Christmas decorations here. Our school has a lot that were made by students but I've also seen them for sale at local stores.
Embroidery contestant.
I thought this was cool... completely made of tires. I think it's a garbage can.
A look at the school
Colorful school!
Some of the entries for the tie-dye competition! So good!
The crochet entries... ours is number 10
The list of all the different competitions that went on during the day!
A few of the 'table skirting' entries
This is random, but one of my co-workers gave me this gum someone brought her back from Japan... It came with a tiny set of post its! Naturally...
Stool making? Eew
ReplyDeleteGlad you're back...going through blog withdrawal! :) Love the embroidered doilies. They remind me of those my grandmother used to make. I'll have to show those to you. The bathroom video was...well...I guess you have no choice because it'd be kind of hard to wait for two whole years!! Can only imagine the letter from Laura must have been hysterical. Take care. Ciao bella!
ReplyDeleteShouldn't "Fertilizer Identification" be after "Stool Making"???
ReplyDelete