Saturday, November 2, 2013

MNL & GoL

Here are the last couple of random pictures from my Manila adventure 
that didn't make the cut last time:
I may or may not have purchased a few paintings from this gallery...
They're so cheap! 1,000 pesos lang! ~$24!

As Chels and I were in a jeep on our way back to Divisoria on my last day, our jeep suddenly slowed and people started talking (both unusual for a jeep ride).  We looked around and saw that there was a motorcycle on fire in the road up ahead of us.  A lot of people were turning around to go back the way we came, not wanting to pass by the flaming bike.  Our driver was apparently feeling brave--or wreckless--that day and decided to keep going anyway.  We had a slightly terrifying moment when, as we were directly across from the bike, there was a loud bang and a distinct burst of hot air flying into our jeep.  Our driver sped up and all was well.  I snapped this photo after we passed.

Sign in the jeep: 
"GOD KNOWS HUDAS NOT PAY" 

There's nothing particularly interesting in this video, 
but it gives you a visual of what you'd see riding in a jeep down a Manila street.

I paid another visit to Gift of Love yesterday and was ECSTATIC to see the progress made by one little boy.  Remember the extremely thin, lethargic little boy Mary was holding last time I was there?  The one who barely responded to any touch, or anything at all?  Well this is him now!
His name is Christopher and he's fattening up quite nicely!  
He was even running around and laughing and smiling with the other kids! :) 

After lunch time (while trying to stave off nap time) 
Erich, Shaine, and Popoy and I decided to have a little photo shoot!

This was our best attempt at a jump shot... needs some work! 

Since we couldn't get a good jump shot, I decided to trick them and take a video instead.  
Cuteness ensued.  Enjoy! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment