Wednesday, September 4, 2013

My Walk Home

I realized as I was walking home with my camera, that I've never taken the time to photograph my walk home.  This is only part of it, but this waterway runs right outside my little housing compound and gets dangerously high when we get heavy rains.  
Luckily for me, the wall on my side is pretty high (compared to the other side).
I don't even want to imagine this body of water flooding into people's homes.  Gross.

You can see the covered basketball court on the right side of this photo.  Boys play there all the time and I've seen their ball go in the water a few times.  Makes me cringe. 


Walking towards my house a little more... 

This is a little canal that comes from homes and drains into the waterway: filled with trash and filth.
Marlon tripped off the sidewalk one time and stepped in this.  
It was only his one foot but he smelled terrible.  

People burn their trash in that spot next to the waterway.  
Looks like it overflowed into the water and no one bothered to fix it. 

One of my neighbors' houses 

Ate Alma's tindahan (little store) outside my housing compound.  
I turn right on that tiny path to get to my house. 

The path to my house! 

Another neighbor's house.  This is where TJ's family lives--the little boy I tutored over the summer. 

At the end of the path just to the right is my house.  It's basically hidden by all the trees and plants but you can see a little bit of the yellow corner peeking through. 

1 comment:

  1. I see a rooster...you have roosters there??????????????? A little Friday afternoon (or Saturday morning for you...) humor. Ciaooooooooooooooo!!!

    ReplyDelete