We'll start with the good!
Something finally happened on my library project (outside of the stuff I'm doing)!!!
Ma'am Merc (Principal) and I went to the Municipal Engineer today and finally got him to come hear our project ideas. We agreed to decide on the smaller project and talked out all of our ideas for the space! It actually feels a lot bigger now than it did before so I think it'll work out just fine! The engineer says he'll create a sketch, a work plan, and a bill of materials by the end of the week.
Another exciting point... Merc was basically leaving a lot of the 'final says' up to me about the design, arrangement, and furniture of the library! Fingers crossed that we can get enough money for everything!
Now for the bad...
I checked on MakMak and Joseph this afternoon and both were absent. They came and found me at the end of school, around 4:15pm, and explained that they didn't come to school because their dad was drunk and didn't make them lunch until 4pm. Plus, they hadn't eaten breakfast this morning because they "didn't have any money". At first it broke my heart, but now it's semi-infuriating. He can buy alcohol and get drunk but he can't buy his kids 5 pesos (12.5 cents) worth of bread so they eat something before they go to school??
No comments:
Post a Comment