Hanging out at the Villa last night.
From left to right: Charlie, Kathryn, me, Chelsea, Karla, "DiDi", Hunter
Cutest pup I've seen so far! I saw him again yesterday and he's getting so big!
Reading my mail! You can probably guess who the "Phillies" card is from... ;)
Practicing my language at a local sari-sari with Fe.
In the market sweating like no other.
Beautiful landscapes!
Squished in the back of the van... "DiDi", me, Karla, & Chelsea.
Me and Charlie trying chicken feet for the first time!
Me and Elaine in the van being evacuated. Obviously, this was before we realized how bad it would get.
At Anne Racquel's Mtn. Resort (the first place we evacuated to) our first room was very near a river that was rising fast. This picture was taken on our walk up to find higher ground. Despite our happy looking expressions here, we were all very anxious and nervous. Luckily, Fe gave us a good laugh when she sought out these (ridiculous) "floats" and made us carry them with us!
Walking around the resort, Chelsea and I found this cutesy trellis!
My first mail call! Pictures (some I've never seen) from my boyfriend!! :))
Some people joke that Peace Corps Philippines should be called "Posh Corps" instead. After our flood experience, I feel like we earned this drink!
Chris, Chelsea, and me
Me, Chels, and Chris on Diwa Street during our clean up day.
Cleaning up at the school. I'm glad you can't really tell how ridiculously sweaty I was! Or how stinky everything was! :)
Great pictures!! A few "awwww" moments when I saw you reading the card and looking through the pictures. And thoughts of the way floods stink...both the odor and the sadness. It's so nice to put faces to the names of your new friends. You all have so much to be proud of! Keep writing. Take care and be safe. Ciao bella!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for letting me know about your blog! So excited for your adventures!
ReplyDelete