2 of the cats who hang out at our resort, just lounging on a bench...
This is the other cat who is VERY pregnant. Hunter and I were watching her sleep today and you could see her belly bumping! Hopefully, she'll have her babies while we're still at the resort!
I played around with my watercolor pencils again today! Even though I really don't know anything about using them, I love experimenting with them! (Thanks again, Missetts!)
We passed this awesome building today on our search for fresh fruit. We didn't find any fruit but these mosaics were worth the trip!
The poverty here is really unbelievable. This shack is built (with scraps of metal and signage) into a hillside right along the road.
"Fresh" fish at a road side stand.
More scenery from our walk through Olongapo. Notice, the man fishing off the side.
Unfortunately, these dumps are pretty common.
I know it's graffiti and I'm not completely sure what it says, but I was really drawn to this wall. The letters are painted or sprayed over moss. It was really aesthetically pleasing (to me)!
We walked all the way down the road and when we got to Bingo's (which has become one of our regular restaurants) we realized we had gone too far and were not going to find any fruit. Instead, we went in and had dinner. The pizza is MASARAP NA MASARAP!
Street scene from Bingo's.
Unfortunately, at least 2-- maybe 3-- people in my batch have been taken to Manila because they're sick with Dengue Fever. They all have had high fevers for days and cold symptoms. It's spread by mosquitoes, so other than wearing lots of insect repellent, there's not much we can do to prevent it. Here's hoping all those mosquitoes that bit up my legs weren't carrying Dengue!
In brighter news, we're expecting a very interesting visitor tomorrow but we're not allowed to tell who it is!
Check back soon! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment