Sunday, February 9, 2014

GoL: Mark's Progress!

I gave myself the day off from the library project today since I've been in there so much lately, and instead decided to visit one of my favorite places in the world: Gift of Love!
It was a strange visit today because there were so many visitors there when I arrived, plus some of the kids were uncharacteristically cranky today.  Surge (a nearby 272 PCV) and I still had a good time with the kids, though!

Clarisse, the one flailing around on the floor, loved me at the Christmas party but was not having me at all today!  Poor girl, she was not happy!


Remember the picture I posted of the baby propped up in his crib with his curly, black hair?  The one who was extremely malnourished?  This is him!
When I first arrived, I asked one of the ates, "Nasaan si Mark? / Where is Mark?"  and she pointed to this adorable kid sitting up and feeding himself!! I didn't even recognize him! 
He is such an expressive, happy kid!  He was making all kinds of faces today!

This is Joseph, who played baby Jesus in the Christmas play.  
He was 2 months when he arrived, now he's 6 months and still doing great.

Arnella took most of these pictures, by the way.
Selfie! 

Me playing with Joseph and Surge crawling around in the background. 

Rosalinda's selfie! 

Arnella's lunch... 

Arnella with Colleen, a new arrival who was not happy today. 

Me & Joseph 

I was sitting next to Arnella and Rosalinda when I looked to my right to see Mark using the baby carrier to stand himself up!  This little guy is a go-getter! 

In almost every picture, Joseph's eyes are huge because the double flash on my camera makes him open wide after the first light.  The girls got a kick out of it! 

More selfies! 

 I played with Mark for a long while, helping him stand up and take steps.  It's really amazing how much he's improved in such a seemingly short amount of time!  Such a happy baby, too!  He was clapping with me and giving me high fives!


Still playing with Mark over there...

 





Colleen was not happy and just wanted to be held.  She bawled when I had to put her down to leave. :/



No comments:

Post a Comment