In case you're not from my hometown area, here's the article that was published in the Centre Daily Times the other day about our pen pal exchange! [The part about Skyping with them is not actually true.] I believe the Video teacher at BAHS (who is a friend of mine from high school) had her students record the experience and they will edit a video to share with us!
Pen pal letters
Anticipating a letter is always exciting, so I can relate to the sixth-grade class of the Bellefonte Area Middle School, which received pen pals from the Philippines recently.
On Wednesday, the children will see their new friends face to face via Skype. Language arts teacher Mary Miltenberger, along with another sixth-grade teacher, Dave Gregor, arranged the special event. The instructor in the Philippines, Melissa Closer, is a Bellefonte Area High School graduate. The teachers are hopeful that this will prove to be a great cultural exchange between the two classrooms.
I will be there with the children to witness their first meeting with their pen pals, and I’m sure I will have a picture or two to share in this space.
No comments:
Post a Comment