Thursday, January 17, 2013

We Found A Kitten!!

The other night when I was returning home with the boys and Bernardino after a play session at the church, we heard a tiny little meow coming from the weeds next to our gate.  It was a tiny kitten, all by herself!  Since I live with Lola and Nancy and have already adopted one pet, I'm trying SO HARD not to get attached to this little kitten.  I have, however, convinced MakMak and Marlon to semi-adopt it and take care of it.  She now sleeps near their house and I've been giving them food to feed her (Mom & Dad: the packet of cat food you sent for the library kitties came in very handy!!)
This is our neighbor girl, Bernadette, with the new kitten

She was covered in junk.  It could very well have been from being born, she's that new.
 We think the kitten is female so MakMak suggested we name her Katrina.  No idea where that came from but Katrina it is!
Marlon, Katrina, Bernadette, and MakMak
Trying to look so tough while holding something so cute... funny

Gutom siya!  And she loved the "Whiskas" food!

On a side note, this was the Facebook status of a fellow Volunteer living in Legazpi (about 2 hours from me):

"Legaspi City issued a cold weather advisory warning 
against hypothermia and "cold stress" because of record low temps. 
What was the temp? 68 degrees F."

RIDICULOUS

1 comment:

  1. Cute kitten - tell us the truth you adopted a tarsier monkey too, didn't you ??

    That temp warning is hilarious! Finally some "good" weather for you, huh?

    Love You! Dad

    ReplyDelete