Friday, October 19, 2012

New Visitors During Our "Study Time"

Yesterday, I finally gathered up enough courage to go for a run.  As much as I've really been wanting to exercise, I've avoiding it because I knew how many eyes would be staring at me the whole time and how I would hear about it for days to come.  Finally, I just decided to go for it and see what happened.  I'm glad I did!  It was about what I expected: everyone's heads turned and followed me as I ran past (just like basically every other minute of my days) and I had to wave to people about 90% of the time (mostly my students but also random people I don't recognize who yelled my name).  It was nice because as soon as Joseph and MakMak saw me put my sneakers on there said they would kasama me on my run (accompany).  And they did...for the most part!  I ran around a couple of blocks and the boys would run with me for part of the time then take a short cut through an alley and meet me on the other side.  I was surprised how long they stuck it out, running in their flip flops!  After we finished and did a cool down walking lap, I got out my Frisbee and we went to the plaza to play.  The boys wanted to play Ultimate Frisbee again so we recruited a few kids and played 3 on 3.  (Those kids have already asked me today if we can play again after school!)
We went back to Lola's house and the boys immediately wanted to "study"!  This time, Joseph, MakMak and I were joined by 2 other neighbor boys during our "study time".
This is Dexter.  He is a fireball and he never wears pants.

I gave the boys these long, blank strips of paper and told them they could do write/draw whatever they wanted.  Joseph and James both chose to do a number line!
Family:  Does that remind you of anyone?!? Hahah!

James and his number line

Although this isn't the best quality image, I love this picture of MakMak because of his "Princess and the Pauper" bookbag and his pants.  He's wearing his corduroys and as you can see there's a big bleach stain down his one leg.  Lola said that MakMak washed his own clothes one day because his mother was too tired, but he accidently spilled too much bleach in his tub!  He doesn't seem to mind, though, because he wears those pants all the time!

Dexter!

James, Joseph, Dexter & MakMak (with Lola in the background).
I love Dexter's face in this one and when I showed him the picture on my camera he went crazy with a giggle fit!

Joseph, James, MakMak, and Dexter... cheesin'!

They were loving having their pictures taken, then the videos started....








2 comments:

  1. So the Clouser family has a number line story...so does the Missett family. Ask Ricky about his numbers! :) Loved the pictures of the school and your neighborhood. The dinner looked delicious! And I want to pinch little Dexter's cheeks!!! Ciao Bella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy!
    I finally had a little time to catch up on some of your blogs. I love hearing your stories and seeing the beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing! You are such an amazing young lady! Thanks for inspiring me! Love you! Joyce

    ReplyDelete