Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Rainy Day... And A Care Package!!!

It's been raining for 2 days now because of the typhoon rolling over the Philippines, so the low areas of my street and the school are pretty flooded.  When Hunter and I returned to my house for lunch today (fancy lunch because it's Lola's birthday!)--after watching MakMak stab/bludgeon a catfish to death for his lunch-- we got to watch Marlon and MakMak play around in the floods.  Personally, I'm not going anywhere near that water, but they had so much fun!



After lunch, we went to the Post Office because I got a message that I had a package waiting for me!  I picked up an AWESOME care package from my family!! Complete with gifts for the boys, cat treats for the "library kitties" (who aren't there anymore, unfortunately), my dad's famous Chex Mix, a PSU hat, sour patch kids, whoppers, glow bracelets, and a sweet Halloween spider!  THANK YOU SO MUCH FAMILY!!
 I LOVE YOU :)

This week is semester break for the students but the teachers are required to attend a 5 day workshop all week (8am-5pm).  One of the topics the other day was 'Counseling'.  It started innocently enough, talking about the guidance services available to students and how the programs work, etc.  Then, they started talking about different types of counseling and this little gem was revealed:
"SIGNS YOU HAVE RELATIONSHIP PROBLEMS:
Communication breaks down
Sex has ended or causes problems
Arguments continue without resolution"

I guess I just didn't expect to see this at a "Teacher's Workshop"...


Since this post is already a random smorgasbord of things,
  here's a link--posted by a fellow PCV--to some interesting pictures from a slum in Manila.

No comments:

Post a Comment