Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Send Off Party

 On Saturday, my lovely fellow teachers and principal of MCS threw a "Send-Off Party" for me and two teachers who have recently retired.  They rented a banquet hall in a restaurant and hotel in Naga, and had a whole program all planned out.  I arrived at 5:57pm for a 6:00pm start and was one of the first three people there!  The program ended up starting around 6:30pm-- I should have learned by now!
 
The program began with some "testimonials" from the teacher friends of the first retiree, Ma'am Gie, and was followed by a "farewell message" from the retiree herself.  Next, we had an "intermission number" from the grade 1 teachers: they sang a videoke song and dedicated it to Ma'am Gie!  

There were an incredible number of pictures taken throughout the night as Filipinas love to have their picture-picture sessions!

Even though the second retiree, Ma'am Tina, wasn't able to attend the party, her two "testimonials" were still shared with the group and a song was sung in her honor.


I was the last honoree to be ... honored and my "testimonials" came from my two counterpart teachers: Dinah & Karen.  Dinah spoke for a long time and mentioned pretty much every act of 'service' I've committed in my two years here.  I was holding up pretty well throughout the whole thing until the end when she said that "if every family in the world had a Melissa Clouser, the world would be a much better place".  I couldn't keep it together anymore.  I bawled.

After a song for me, everyone finished eating and the picture-picture taking began!  And there were A LOT of pictures taken!

 It turned out to be pretty funny when I tried to take pictures with individual people because as soon as other people saw what was happening they came to jump in the photo also!  It happened at least 5 different times and I have so many huge group shots and only a few individual shots.

Me & Julie Pearl



Me & Dinah

Me & Liwanag, the SPED teacher

Me & Karen

Julie Pearl, Gladys, me, Dinah, & Meldz
Ma'am Lisa gettin' down on the dance floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment