Thursday, December 12, 2013

More Book Buddies

At this point in our Book Buddies sessions, the "BIGS" (grade 5 kids) basically plan the sessions themselves... which is exactly what I was hoping would happen!
They like to start by reading a few books aloud to the LITTLES (grade 2 kids).

The BIGS usually pair up with the LITTLES to do some flash card work to learn the letter names and sounds.


For whatever reason, one of the BIGS knew about this essay by another one of my students and wanted to show it to me.  I wasn't around when Dinah assigned this essay topic so it was a surprise to see such a sweet paragraph! :) 
"Our American Teacher
Our American teacher is Miss Melissa Clouser.  I hope that she never stops teaching us English.  All of us learn many ideas from her that help us in English and other subjects.  I promise that I and my classmates will never be naughty during her discussions.  I hope she never tries to stop the book buddies program for my classmates.  I hope that every day she comes to school.  I want to learn how to read and write so I need her help.  Teacher Melissa is one of a kind, beautiful, patient, industrious, and strict teacher.  I get many learnings in English from her like the attitudes of Filipino citizens and ways on how to care of animals."
 When our Book Buddies session was over, my camera was hijacked and these were the result:
Marjorie & Michelle, BIGS

Salvador, a LITTLE

My lovely counterpart, Dinah

Me and my desk that my knees don't really fit under

Adelene & Christine

Me, Christine, & Adelene

Roy took it upon himself to fix a bunch of our broken desks with some old nails and a rock for a hammer!


1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful tribute to you in the composition from your student. You're doing such wonderful things for these children. They are so, so, so very lucky to have you in their lives. Ciao bella!

    ReplyDelete