We decided to just explore the city of Puerto Princesa today and see what it had to offer. Our first stop was a souvenir shop with lots of typical touristy items. We kept walking and stumbled upon a really cool little shop in the back of a market area filled with native wood carvings. These are by far the most authentic and interesting handicrafts I've come across in my 10.5 months in country! We ended up buying a bunch of items (which I will photog & upload later). My favorite find was a hand carved wooden urn with two figures on the top. Just gorgeous.
It's really fun to see how the style of tricycles change from region to region and island to island! Very different from my area... and much less headroom!
No comment.... :)
We smooshed all four of us into tricycles all day long, it wasn't all that comfy but, hey, we're bonding here!
There are actually tons of shops like this that are full of hand carved pieces. They're carved by the local natives here in Palawan. I wish I could buy and take home everything!
Poor little street cats
On the way back to the B&B, we stopped at a fruit stand and the fam tried their first mangosteens, native bananas, and green mangoes!
After we took a little afternoon siesta, we went to Kinabuchs for dinner...
...and we all had CROCODILE dishes!
Masarap!
Island hopping tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment