As of Thursday September 11, I am officially a RETURNED Peace Corps Volunteer! I completed all my Close of Service requirements, closed out my in-country bank account, and (as is customary for Philippines PCVs) rang the bell to signify my transition to RPCV!

![]() |
| Dinalupihan girls! Elaine, Karla, me, Kathryn, Chelsea |
![]() |
| All the Sept 11 COSers and PC/Philippines staff |
![]() |
| Sept 11 COSing PCVs: Zac, Kathryn, Christina, Rachel, Audrey, Chris, me, Josh, Karla, Andrew, Chelsea, Russell, Elaine, Nancy, Andew, & Valli |
Originally I was supposed to leave Manila on Friday Sept. 12, but I had to postpone my flight until the 16th because Delta has a 'Summer Restriction' for flying animals. They won't allow animals to be checked in until after Sept. 15 so it's not too hot for the animals. Speaking of Delta, I'm still waiting for my pet reservation to be confirmed by them and now it's less than 24 hours before my flight! Stressful!
The plan for now is to get Bern this afternoon and take him to one last vet appointment to get checked out for screwworm (a requirement to enter PA). After that, he and I will head to the airport for the night to await our 6:40 am flight! Then it's Manila > Nagoya > Detroit > State College with an arrival time of 4:55 pm on Tuesday September 16th in State College. Fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly!



No comments:
Post a Comment