The poor boys are constantly battling these gross looking skin issues. Every time they come over I make them wash with soap and water before we put some Betadine on the wounds. I asked my neighbor what she thought was causing it and she thinks it's because their house and environment aren't as clean as they should be. I'm trying to encourage some good hygiene habits in the boys: always asking if they took a bath, brushed their teeth, and put on clean clothes. I can't even imagine how difficult it is to keep their house "clean"... you've seen the pictures. Especially because when it rains it gets so muddy and dirty back there. Plus, with three little boys running around....
Anyway, Marlon had the last round of nasty looking skin issues. This time it's MakMak.
After Lorena came over this morning to help me clean my house (paying me back for some money borrowed earlier in the week), the boys stayed around to hang out and play with Bern. It was lunch time and I try not to ever eat in front of them without offering them something, so I looked in my--bare--ref and tried to find something for all of us. I came up with PBJs! They had never had them before and honestly didn't know what to do when I put all the ingredients in front of them. I explained that PBJs are the "paborito ni mga bata sa Amerika!" "the favorite of American kids!".
Making their first PBJs!
PBJs get three thumbs up!
They all ended up making seconds and Joseph made a double decker PBJ!
After we ate, MakMak washed his elbow and asked for some Betadine and a band aid. I found some medical tape in the med kit to secure his band aid and that's when the hilarity began...
First, Marlon helped bandage up Mak's elbow...
Then, we taped up Marlon's face!
MakMak's turn to have his face taped up...
Pillow fight with Bern!
Those little boy giggles are the CUTEST!!! And the jeepney...what da heck?!
ReplyDelete-KT